Starboy Act, LAX Speaks On CONTROVERSIES Around Deal With Wizkid

LAX-Wizkid

Starboy record signing, Damilola Afolabi, popularly known as LAX, has come out to shed more light on his deal with the record label as fans begin to wonder if he is funding his projects himself despite being under the label.
The singer denied that he funds his own project as following rumours that had earlier made the rounds that the young singer has been responsible for the funding of his works despite being signed to StarBoy.
“I’m signed under Wizkid, so it’s a recording deal that we signed. And you know I met Wizkid through my stylist at the time when I was recording in London.
“I came to Nigeria, I met with Wiz, he liked my songs, and that is what happened. He handles everything as a record label should do with an artiste,” the artiste said.
L.A.X, who was formerly signed to M2 Records, got signed to Wizkid’s record label, Starboy Records in 2013. He is popularly known for his collaborations with Wizkid in songs like ‘Caro’ and ‘Ginger.’
Collabos like, ‘Caro’ and ‘Ginger’, with single ‘Morenike’ are being pointed out as ‘completely funded’ by L.A.X.